Two different career assessments are available for students interested in self-exploration: the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), and the Strong Interest Inventory (SII). These assessments can help generate career options based on your personality (MBTI) or interests (SII). The assessments can be taken and reviewed in the following workshops: “Putting Your Personality to Work” and “Generating Career Ideas.”
UMA CareerLink is a free, easy-to-use online exploration tool which allows you to assess your personal characteristics and preferences and match them with compatible career options. Staff is available to assist you as needed and you may keep a printout of your information.
UMA CareerLink helps you to:
- examine your values, interests, & skills
- learn about careers that match your preferences
- connect your past jobs with new possibilities
- search for and apply for jobs and internships in the system
- create/upload resumes and cover letters within the system
- and much more!
For current students, UMA CareerLink is available in the UMA Portal:
– Click on the blue cube icon on your Launchpad.
Please click on this link to access the login page, as well as to create a free account, if needed.
Contact Haley Brown if you have questions about accessing UMA CareerLink.
Wondering what careers you may seek with a certain major? Visit the links below.