The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2017:
Minor Requirements (21 credit hours)
- FRE 102 Introduction to French II (4)
- FRE 203 Intermediate French I (4)
- FRE 204 Intermediate French II (4)
- FRE 305 Language and Culture of the Francophone World I (4)
- FRE 306 Language and Culture of the Francophone World II (4)
- Complete one of the following experimental electives (1):
- FRE 103 Basic French Conversation: Beginners and Beyond (1)
- FRE 201 Intermediate French Immersion Travel Course: Quebec weekend (1) Contact the instructor for availability and specific dates for travel
- FRE 202 Intermediate French Immersion Travel course: Blueberry Cove by the Sea (1) Contact the instructor for availability and specific dates for travel
- Other courses available on other UMS campuses could be considered as electives. Approval of the advisor and the relevant dean is required.
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
- Students are encouraged to contact their faculty advisor and the Advising Center for academic advising and support services throughout their stay at UMA.
This program resides under the College of Arts & Sciences
Return to the checksheet page.