Information & Library Science Minor
The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2017:
Minor Requirements (22 credit hours)
- ILS 100 Introduction to Libraries & Library Careers (3)
- ILS 101 Foundations of Information & Library Science (3)
- ILS 109 Information Literacy (1)
- ILS 150 Introduction to Reference Services & Materials (3)
- ILS 175 Cataloging and Technical Processes (3)
- ILS 225 Introduction to Library Information Technology (3)
- ILS 250 Collection Development (3)
- Complete one of the following courses (3):
- ILS 306 Librarian as Teacher
- ILS 325 Digital Library Technology and Services
- ILS 350 Advanced Reference Service and Materials
- ILS 365 Web Page Design
- ILS 385 Media and Local Production
- ILS 441 Information Brokering and other Entrepreneurial Options for Library/Media Professionals
- ILS 442 Library Management
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
- Students are encouraged to contact their faculty advisor and the Advising Center for academic advising and support services throughout their stay at UMA.
This program resides under the College of Professional Studies
Return to the checksheet page.