Office Location: 203 Lewiston Hall, Bangor Campus
Phone: (207) 262-7864
Office Hours: By Appointment
Professionally, I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Education from the University System and a Master’s of Science in Business Administration from Husson College. Fifteen years of industry experience and over 25 years of post-secondary teaching have provided a solid background in business and computer-related fields.
My academic area of expertise is Web Design and Development, from basic HTML scripting to online shopping sites. My professional responsibilities include coordinating the activities of the CIS program; designing, developing, and maintaining the program Web site; and serving as a faculty mentor for an internship experience in the information technology field.
Personally, I have been married to a wonderful man named John for over 34 years and have (a) wonderful family: John III, who is a fireman at the Old Town Fire Department and his wife, Kelly (who have a son, Johnny – my first grandson) and Jodi, who is a Captain in the Army and her husband, Captain Steve Krippel (who have two daughters, Katelyn and Emieel – my first grandaughters) who will soon be stationed at Fort Lewis in Washington. So I am both a boy grammie and a girl grammie.
When I am not pursuing my academic aspirations, you will find me powerwalking, shopping at the mall, or hanging out at the office (mostly the latter).
- In 2011 co-authored the PHP Programming with MySQL textbook for Cengage Learning
- Presented at the Cengage Spring Technology Conferences in Las Vegas and Nashville (2007 and 2008)
- Authored the From Shoebox to Showcase e-Portfolio Management System
- Published Grandpa’s Work Bench Portfolio Builder for Pearson Prentice Hall Publishing Company
- Presented the From Shoebox to Showcase e-Portfolio Management System at the New England Association of Cooperative Education and Field Experience (NEACEFE) and the Prentice Hall Spring Technology Conference
- Received the Dr. P. David Defroscia Students’ Choice Award
- Serve on the Course Technology HTML Advisory Board
- Received a national Teacher of Excellence (NISOD) award in Austin, Texas
- Served on the New England Association of Schools and Colleges accreditation team