Call for Papers
This year’s conference will take place on Friday, April 21, 2017
Any current UMA student may submit work written for a literature, American Studies, film, theory, linguistics, or creative writing course to the conference. Email Lisa Botshon (email@example.com) with questions.
- We will accept either abstracts (200 to 300 word summaries) or full essays.
- Please make sure your name and contract information is on everything you submit.
- Essays should be about 5 pages long.
- For poets, 3 to 5 short poems equals one submission.
- Essayists should submit only 1 essay.
- Fiction writers should submit only 1 story.
- The deadline for submission is Monday, March 20.
Why submit a proposal?
- to give your scholarly work a wider audience than it gets in a class
- to deepen your discussion of literature with your student colleagues as well as your professors
- to develop skills in public speaking and presentation
- to add professional experience to your résumé
Selection and notification
Proposals will be read and selected by students in the ENG 499 Senior Seminar course. All students will be contacted by March 25.
Submitting your Abstract
Please send an email with the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your name
- phone number
- email address
- the type of submission (critical or research paper, poetry, fiction or non-fiction)
- the abstract or paper. Please include a title for your paper. Abstracts should not exceed 150 words.
- when on Friday, April 21, you will most likely be available to present your work, if selected: morning, 9:00 am-12:00 noon, or afternoon, 1:00 pm-3:00 pm