“Our job is to produce better writers, not better writing.” –Stephen North
What We Do.
- Converse with you about your writing ideas, projects, goals, and challenges.
- Provide guidance throughout your writing process, whether you’re just beginning to plan or you’re putting in the final touches.
- Teach you proofreading and editing strategies, paying special attention to patterns of non-standard usage.
- Ask sincere critical thinking questions to help you clarify content and rhetorical choices.
- Collaboratively map out plans for writing project completion.
What We Don’t Do.
- Grade your papers, or predict your grade. We do, of course, help you think about how you might best meet assignment guidelines.
- Copy edit papers line by line. Instead, we love to work with you on proofreading strategies and provide guidance as you copy edit your own draft.
What We Love Most.
- Helping writers. We look forward to working with you soon!