Admissions to the AS in Medical Laboratory Technology is competitive, therefore students added to the wait list are not guaranteed a spot in the MLT program. Prior to fall selections, students on the MLT wait list will be required to submit a 300-word essay addressing why they are interested in the MLT program, what their professional goals are, and what qualities they feel they have that will help them be a good Medical Laboratory Technician. This required essay should reflect the most current intentions and qualities of the prospective student, therefore if a student is not selected for the first fall, they will be required to submit a new essay for subsequent fall MLT selections. Essay requests and information regarding the MLT wait list will be communicated via UMS e-mail, so students are encouraged to regularly check their @maine.edu account or have it forwarded to a preferred e-mail address.
MLT Wait List Requirements:
- Successful completion of ENG 005 or waiver
- Successful completion of REA 008 or waiver
- Successful completion of MAT 111 or waiver
- Successful completion of a Biology with Lab (grade of C or higher)
- Successful completion of a Chemistry with Lab (grade of C or higher)
- 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) or higher