Recently Admitted Applicants
Campus Card Services
About Your UMA CARD
Getting Your UMA Card
Non-Photo ID Request
Adding Value to Your UMA CARD
Using Your UMA CARD
UMA Card Frequently Asked Questions
UMA Student ID Discounts
UMA Card Terms and Conditions
Resources for Students
New Student Orientation
Augusta Campus New Student Orientation Reservation Form
UMA Bangor New Student Orientation Reservation Form
Veterans/Military Personnel
Getting Started
Military Training Credits
Veteran's Request for Certification
First-Year Students (Freshmen)
Registrar and Records
Students With Disabilities
Tuition and Fees
Add/Drop/Withdrawal Charge Appeals
Degree Fees
Exit Interviews
Tuition & Fees
Third Party Sponsorship Of Student Charges
UMA NEBHE Programs
General and Course Fees
Hope Scholarship and Lifetime Learning Credit
Money Matters Bulletin
Net Price Calculator
Add/Drop Policies
Transfer Students
Admissions Staff
Admission FAQs
Application Process
Ready to Apply?
Student Application for Admission
Finish Your Degree
Open House & Admissions Events
Transfer Day Registration Form
Computer Information Systems Program Open House & Project Login Networking Reception
Financial Aid
Loan Terminology
Receiving Your Aid
Repeated Coursework
Repaying Your Aid
Types of Financial Aid
Federal Work-Study Program
Work-Study Job Listing
Payroll Schedule
Loan Programs
Other Aid Programs
Tuition Waivers
Special Circumstances
Eligibility Criteria
Financial Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Estimated Costs
Withdrawing and Its Impact on Aid
Return of Title IV Funds
Gainful Employment
Glossary of Terms
Applying for Aid
FAFSA On the Web
Financial Aid Forms
Helpful Hints
Opportunity Maine
Adult Students
Enrollment Services Center
Admission Checklist

Frequently, student charges or a portion of student charges are paid by an employer, federal or state agency, military or some other external resource.

The University of Maine at Augusta only accepts unconditional authorizations (payment not contingent on minimum grades, cumulative Grade Point Average or other factors) from third party sponsors.  The authorization is submitted at the time of registration and must detail specifically what charges and amounts are covered for a particular term.  The student is expected to have arrangements in place to pay uncovered charges at the time of registration, and the student is responsible for all costs the third party organization does not pay.

The Student Financials Office will transfer sponsored tuition, fees and book charges from a student’s account to a separate billing account created for the third party sponsor.

The Third Party Authorization Form is intended to make clear the rules that we should follow in billing the sponsor.  Here are a few examples:

  • The sponsor will pay 100% of all charges (tuition, fees and books).
  • The sponsor will pay the balance of tuition and fees, only after federal financial aid has been applied to the student’s account balance.
  • The sponsor will pay the balance of tuition, fees, and books after federal, state grants and scholarship funding has been applied to the student’s account balance.  The student would retain any loan funds.

Since registration and financial aid awards can be ‘moving targets’ during the early part of the term, it is important that the Authorization Form indicate the sponsor’s intent to pay.  Amounts that should be applied against a student’s account balance prior to the sponsor’s contribution should be reported on the Authorization Form, whether or not the individual student has applied for or secured financial aid.

The Third Party Authorization Form should be printed and submitted to the third party sponsor for joint completion and signature.  In order to allow adequate processing time and better serve our students, the Third Party Authorization Form should be submitted to the Student Financials Office two weeks prior to the beginning of the term or session.

Students are ultimately responsible for their account balances and are encouraged to apply for aid or submit third party authorizations in a timely fashion.  Balances not satisfied by due dates -- whether intended to be paid by the student, external sources, or financial aid -- may incur a late fee.

Students are legally obligated to report any and all additional resources not currently included in their award calculation. Waivers, scholarships, and assistance of any kind from a Federal or State agency, private organization, or scholarship foundation must be reported. Failure to report outside assistance may result in the need to repay financial aid funds.