Addiction Studies Minor
The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2017:
Minor Requirements (18 credit hours)
- HUS 101 Introduction to Human Services (3)
- HUS 125 Chemical Dependency (3)
- HUS 326 Chemical Dependency Counseling (3)
- HUS 331 Substance Abuse Counseling for Special Populations (3)
- HUS/SSC 332 Addiction and the Family (3)
- Complete one of the following courses (3):HUS 232 Crisis Counseling
- HUS 232 Crisis Counseling
- HUS 233 Sexual Abuse and Trauma
- HUS/SSC 318 Adolescence, Substance Abuse, and Criminality
- HUS 330 Interviewing and Counseling
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
- Students are encouraged to contact their faculty advisor and the Advising Center for academic advising and support services throughout their stay at UMA.
This program resides under the College of Professional Studies
Return to the checksheet page.