The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2017:
Minor Requirements (18 credit hours)
- JUS 105 Legal Research and Materials (3)
- JUS 390 Advocacy (3)
- JUS/SSC 450 Conflict Resolution (3)
- COM/PSY 205 Forms of Social Influence (3)
- Complete two of the following courses (6):
- IND 494 Independent Study: Internship/Field Experience
- JUS 216 Litigation
- JUS 222 Family Law
- JUS 271W Due Process in Criminal Justice
- JUS 302 Juvenile Justice Systems
- JUS 305 Women in Criminal Justice
- JUS 307 Violence in the Family
- COM 305 Argumentation and Debate
- POS 102 Introduction to Politics & Government
- POS 234 American State & Local Government
- POS 383 Survey of Constitutional Law
- POS 405 Administrative Law
- PSY/SOC 361 Advanced Social Psychology
- HUS 224 Fundamentals of Community Practice & Involvement
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
- Students are encouraged to contact their faculty advisor and the Advising Center for academic advising and support services throughout their stay at UMA.
This program resides under the College of Professional Studies
Return to the checksheet page.