Computer Information Systems Minor
The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2019:
Minor Requirements (18 credit hours)
To assure success, students should fulfill the prerequisite course(s) before the requirements.
- CIS 101 Introduction to Computer Science (3)
- CIS 110 Programming Fundamentals (3)
- CIS 131 Web Applications (3)
- CIS 240 Networking Concepts (3) prerequisite: CIS 101 or permission of instructor
- CIS 330 Systems Analysis (3) prerequisite: BUA/CIS 303
- CIS 460 Computers and Cultures (3) prerequisite: completion of 36 credit hours
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
This program resides under the College of Professional Studies. Print a PDF copy.
Return to the checksheet page.