Computer Networking Minor
The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2017:
Minor Requirements (18 credit hours)
To assure success, students should fulfill the prerequisite course(s) before the requirements.
- CIS 101 Introduction to Computer Science (3)
- CIS 240 Networking Concepts (3) prerequisite: CIS 101 or permission of instructor
- CIS 241 Routing and Switching (3) prerequisite: CIS 240
- CIS 340 Scaling Networks (3) prerequisite: CIS 241
- CIS 348 Connecting Networks (3) prerequisite: CIS 340
- CIS 440 Network Security (3) prerequisite: CIS 240 or permission of instructor
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
This program resides under the College of Professional Studies
Return to the checksheet page.