Cyber Security Minor
The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2018:
Minor Requirements (18 credit hours)
To assure success, students should fulfill the prerequisite course(s) before the requirements.
- CIS 101 Introduction to Computer Science (3)
- CIS 240 Networking Concepts (3) prerequisite: CIS 101 or permission of instructor
- ISS 210 Introduction to Information Systems Security (3) prerequisite: CIS 101
- ISS 220 Security Risk Management and Policy (3) prerequisite: ISS 210 or concurrent enrollment
- ISS 410 Cyber Security I (3) prerequisite: ISS 210 and CIS 240
- ISS 470 Information Systems Security Management (3) prerequisite: ISS 220 & 410
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
This program resides under the College of Professional Studies. Print a PDF copy.
Return to the checksheet page.