Geriatric Human Service Minor
The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2017:
Minor Requirements (18 credit hours)
- HUS 101 Introduction to Human Services (3)
- HUS 240 Human Services for an Aging Population (3)
- HUS 308 Assessment and Planning (3)
- HUS 350 Mental Health and Aging (3)
- SOC 319 Social Gerontology (3)
- SSC 362 Death and Dying (3)
Note: minimum GPA of 2.00 required in the minor
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
- Students are encouraged to contact their faculty advisor and the Advising Center for academic advising and support services throughout their stay at UMA.
This program resides under the College of Professional Studies
Return to the checksheet page.