The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2017:
Minor Requirements (18 credit hours)
- Complete one of the following History sequences (6):
- HTY 103 & 104 United States History I & II
- HTY 105 & 106 World Civilizations I & II
- Complete four of the following courses (12):
- HTY 321 The Immigrant in American History
- HTY 331 History of the American Worker
- HTY 341 History of American Slavery
- HTY 350 Twentieth Century World History
- HTY 359 U.S. History Since WW II
- HTY 360 History of International Relations
- HTY 371 History of Modern China
- HTY 289 Topics in History
- HTY 389 Topics in History
- HTY 489 Topics in History
- HTY 3xx any 300-level history elective
- HTY 4xx any 400-level history elective
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
- Students are encouraged to contact their faculty advisor and the Advising Center for academic advising and support services throughout their stay at UMA.
This program resides under the College of Arts & Sciences
Return to the checksheet page.