Music Business Minor
The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2017:
Minor Requirements (18 credit hours)
- Two semesters of MUS 151 First Year Ensemble Sequence (2)
- MUS 270 Music Business (3)
- MUS 495 Internship in Music Business (4) prerequisite: MUS 270
- BUA 100 Introduction to Business (3)
- Complete two of the following courses, or up to 6 credits (6):
- BUA 241 Marketing for the Small Business (1.5)
- BUA 242 Finance and Control for the Small Business (1.5) prerequisite: BUA 101 or permission (BUA 101 prerequisite MAT 30 or waiver)
- BUA 230 Business Law (3)
- BUA/CIS 303 Business Management Systems (3) prerequisite: CIS 100, 101, or 135 and BUA 223
- BUA 357 Business Finance (3) prerequisite: ECO 201 or 202, and BUA 211 or permission (BUA 211 prerequisite BUA 101 or permission)
- BUA/POS 365 Organizational Behavior (3) prerequisite: BUA 223
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
- Students are encouraged to contact their faculty advisor and the Advising Center for academic advising and support services throughout their stay at UMA.
This program resides under the College of Professional Studies
Return to the checksheet page.