Post Baccalaureate of Science in Cyber Security
The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2018:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution in a different discipline
- Minimum 45 Credit Hours
- Minimum Cumulative G.P.A.: 2.00
- 30 Credit Hours of Residency Courses
- 9 Credits of Major Residency Courses
- Minimum G.P.A. in the Major: 2.00
The following courses are prerequisites to the Post Baccalaureate of Science, Cyber Security. If you do not have any of these courses then you will need to complete these in addition to the degree requirements.
- CIS 101 Introduction to Computer Science (3)
- CIS 110 Programming Fundamentals (3)
- CIS 221 Linux (3)
- CIS 240 Networking Concepts (3)
- CIS 255 Database Design (3)
- CIS 330 Systems Analysis (3)
- CIS 440 Network Security (3)
- CIS 460 Computers & Culture (3)
- ISS 210 Introduction to Information Security (3)
- ISS 232 Introduction to Cyber Forensics (3)
- ISS 340 Computer Security (3)
- ISS 380 Cyber Security Internship (3)
- ISS 410 Cyber Security I (3)
- ISS 412 Cyber Security II (3)
- Complete any two ISS electives (6)
- Complete any three upper-level (300-400) ISS electives (9)
In order to receive a Post Baccalaureate degree at UMA, students must take 30 credit hours beyond their bachelor’s degree. Students who have taken or received credit for more than 5 of the classes listed above in their bachelor’s degree will need to take additional elective courses. Please see your advisor to discuss options.
This program resides under the College of Professional Studies. Print a PDF copy.
Return to the checksheet page.