The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2017:
Minor Requirements (18 credit hours)
- PHI 103 Introduction to Philosophy (3)
- Complete one of the following courses (3):
- PHI 250 Ethics
- PHI 252 Business Ethics
- PHI 351 Biomedical Ethics
- Complete four of the following courses (12):
- PHI 336 Philosophy of Feminism
- PHI 340 Philosophy of Education: Western Perspectives and Theories
- PHI 350 American Philosophy
- PHI 362 Aesthetics
- PHI 370 East Asian Philosophy
- PHI 3xx any 300-level Philosophy course
- PHI 4xx any 400-level Philosophy course
- A minimum of 25% of the credits required for a minor needs to be earned at UMA for it to be awarded.
- A student may be awarded any minor as long as no more than six credits of the minor can be used to fulfill the requirements of the student’s major or concentration.
- Students are encouraged to contact their faculty advisor and the Advising Center for academic advising and support services throughout their stay at UMA.
This program resides under the College of Arts & Sciences
Return to the checksheet page.