Paralegal Studies Certificate
The following requirements are effective for students admitted on or after Fall 2017:
- 60 credit hours from a regionally accredited university or college.
- Minimum 15 credit hours of UMA Residency
- Minimum 2.00 G.P.A. in the Certificate
Certificate Requirements (18 credit hours)
- JUS 105 Legal Research and Materials (3)
- JUS 212 Real Estate Transfer Procedures (3)
- JUS 216 Principles of Litigation (3)
- JUS 218 Estate Administration (3)
- JUS 296W Professional Responsibility (3)
- Complete one of the following courses (3):
- JUS 222 Family Law
- JUS 294 Paralegal Practicum (The department recognizes that employment for a continuous year as a paralegal is equivalent to completing the Paralegal Practicum)
This program resides under the College of Professional Studies
Return to the checksheet page.