Would you like to improve your math placement score?
Do you need to study or review your math?
If so, you have come to the right place!
I’m glad you are interested in improving your math placement score or brushing up on your math! We have created a computer-based study plan using MyMathTest to help you prepare for UMA’s math placement exam.
MyMathTest is an online program that will help you to build and refresh your skills in math. A $12 sixteen week subscription provides access to a series of practice tests as well as a personalized study plan. The study plan shows you what concepts you need to work on based on your test results and helps you learn the concepts through tutorials and videos.
Use the links below for instructions for registering and using the program. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need assistance as you progress. I’m here to help!
Associate Professor of Mathematics
How to Register With MyMathTest
- Go to www.mymathtest.com and choose Buy Access.
- Click on Purchasing Online Access.
- Choose I Accept at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Do you have a Pearson Education account? select NO then Create a Login Name and Password, click Next.
- Fill in the following information.
- E-mail Address (use an email address that you check)
- School Country (United States)
- School Zip (04330)
- Select your School Name (Univ of Maine at Augusta) from the drop down menu.
- Finally, select your Security Question and Your Answer. Then choose Next.
- Provide your Payment Information and click Continue to review your order.
- After you have placed your order, choose Log in Now and log into MyMathTest. Click on Enter MyMathTest.
- The first time you log into MyMathTest you will see the Enroll in a New Course screen. Do the following:
Check that the school is correct (Univ of Maine at Augusta).
Select Contact (UMaine Augusta).
Select MyMathTest Program (UMA Math Study Plan 2016-2018).
Program name: UMA Math Study Plan 2018-2020
Program ID: XL2Y-21FW-501Y-8EV2
Test Bank: MyMathTest: Developmental Mathematics
How To Use MyMathTest
Go to www.mymathtest.com to and enter your username and password to login.
Follow the browser check (top of screen) on your first visit to MyMathTest.
To get started once you are logged on:
- Click on Take a Test and take the first test, Whole Numbers.
- If you score less than 80%, click on Study Plan to study the concepts that you missed on the test. A pencil next to an item indicates that you need further study in that category. A graduation cap means that you mastered the content. As you progress through your personalized study plan, use the tools to help you to learn the content.
Note: You may wish to complete the Study Plan before taking the tests.
- When you are done studying, re-take the test. If you score less than 80%, click on Study Plan and follow the updated plan.
- Continue this process as you proceed through the tests.
Note: Calculators are not allowed on the UMA placement exam. It would be wise to study without the aid of a calculator.
When To Retake the Exam
Click on Results to view your progress.
When you score greater than an 80% on all tests through Equations and Applications you will be prompted to retake the placement exam to hopefully place into MAT 020 or 030.
When you score greater than 80% on all tests through Graphs of Equations and Inequalities you will be prompted to retake the placement exam to hopefully place into MAT 100.
When you score greater than 80% on all tests through Rational Expressions and Applications you will be prompted to retake the placement exam to hopefully place into MAT 111.
When you score greater than 80% on all tests through Quadratic Equations you will be prompted to retake the placement exam to hopefully place into MAT 112.
Proceed through the study plan as far as you feel comfortable. Some people might stop after Equations and Applications, while others might proceed through the entire set of tests.
If you need more time to study, you may purchase another sixteen week subscription.