- Accessing the virtual library 24/7 – Watch the video
Academic Assistance email or call UC Learning Services at 1-800-868-7000.
- Accessibility and accommodations for students with disabilities
- Ordering books and course materials
- Study Groups
- Tutoring services
Call Tech Support
Call or Email The Helpdesk
Nuts & Bolts: The How-to of Online Learning
If you are taking online courses through the University of Maine System, you will likely use our course management system, Blackboard™ through a web browser. You have many resources to draw from to help with the setup of your computer and browser. Watch the video explaining your options.
Technical Support is available via email or phone. Call 1-800-696-4357
Mon-Fri 7:00AM-7:30PM or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activate your University email account – the first step in accessing your courses.
- Keep your browser secure by installing security updates regularly. Most browsers have a ‘Check for Updates’ link under the Help menu.
Blackboard Essentials for Students
Now with a 5 minute QUICK START
Students enroll here.
Blackboard™ Basics: the Student Guide. Discover the ins & outs of the Blackboard™ system.
Mobile Compatibility: While you may be able to access your course on a mobile device, this is not officially supported by Blackboard, and some of the functionality of your course may be limited. We recommend using a laptop or desktop computer to access your Blackboard classes to complete your assignments.
Blackboard™ Practice Course: Go to the Blackboard™ login page and log in with your “@maine.edu” username and password.
Along the top of the page you’ll see a number of tabs. Click the Courses tab, then click Blackboard™ Practice Course in the Course Catalog area.
Contact Technical Support, Academic Support or the UMA Advising Center if you need further assistance