The UMA Brunswick Student Association (SA) works to promote a strong community at the center and oversees the spending of local student activity fees. The SA provides educational, social, and recreational programming designed to bring students together.
2017 – 2018 Student Association Officers:
President Amanda Fernald
Treasurer Susan Crosby
Secretary Jessica Washburn
Activities Tyler Matznick
Communications Kim Snider
All students are encouraged to attend Student Association meetings to share thoughts and ideas.
At this time, there are no regularly scheduled meetings.
For more information about the Student Association, please contact Student Association Advisor, Shelley Taylor at 442-7736.
Student Association Mission Statement
The purpose of the Student Association (SA) is to enhance student life and to provide leadership development opportunities.
The Student Association leadership will:
- Plan and implement educational, cultural, recreational and social activities which enhance student life and learning.
- Collaborate with staff in creating a learning environment that respects and welcomes all students.
- Oversee student activity fees paid by students enrolled in credit courses at the UMA Brunswick Center and associated sites.
- Support and encourage students who wish to participate in university governance to become involved with the student government association of their home campus.
- The Student Association will consist of a minimum of three elected officers, to include a President, Treasurer, and one other officer/member.
- Representatives from each Student Association will meet periodically to share their successes and discuss common concerns.