Summer Tutoring at UMA Brunswick Center
Tutoring is an effective strategy to help students increase their understanding of course material and study skills. Qualified peer tutors are typically available for developmental and introductory classes at no charge for currently registered students in the following content areas: Writing, Computer Applications, Math, Study Skills.
Computer Applications Support
UMA Brunswick Center provides assistance for students to orient them and provide basic instruction in the following computer applications and systems:
- MaineStreet (UMS’s Account Management System)
- BlackBoard (UMS’s Learning Management Platform)
- File management strategies —including use of flash drives and Google Drive
- Word processing applications (Microsoft Word and Google Docs)
- Presentation software
- Basic spreadsheet applications (Excel and Google Sheets)
- Use of communication applications such as Google Hangout
- Accessing online student resources such as the distance reference librarian and online tutors
Please call our Brunswick Center to schedule an appointment. UMA students are eligible for up to two hours of tutoring per week for one-on-one tutoring.
Schedule an appointment with the Statistics tutor, Don Murphy by email at email@example.com. UMA students are eligible for up to two hours of tutoring per week for one-on-one tutoring.
The Math Lab in Augusta can be accessed either via phone or in-person. The schedule for Math Tutoring on the Augusta Campus is Monday through Thursday from 10am – 2pm. The math lab is located in Jewett Hall 192. Students can call the Math Lab for help at 621-3082.
VAWLT (Virtual Academic Writing Lab Tutors)
Distance tutoring at your convenience via the computer:
With extended hours, VAWLTers support writers via phone, email, shared documents, live-chat, and/or video conference — whatever works best for you. In addition, the VAWLT website has loads of resources for college writers. Contact a VAWLTer »