The UMA Rockland Center offers a new student orientation prior to the start of fall and spring semesters. All new and transfer students are encouraged to attend the Fall ’19 New Student Orientation.
For New Students (two sessions are available):
– Wednesday, August 21, 9:30 a.m. – noon or Thursday, August 22, 3:30 to 6:00 p.m.
For High School Aspirations Students:
– Wednesday, August 28, 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Meet other new students, a few current students, and Center staff. Learn about student support services, computer resources, library services, as well as videoconferencing (VC) and interactive television (ITV) classroom communication and procedures.
New students, are you activated? If not, please immediately activate your UMS account and create a password. Here’s the quick guide to walk you through the process. Need assistance? Call 1-800-696-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bring your UMS account/password with you to orientation.
Blackboard Essentials for Students
Now with a 5-minute QUICK START – Students enroll here!
New student orientation is held each semester, during the week before the beginning of classes. Orientation is a great chance to ask questions, meet other new students and center staff members.
At Orientation you will learn about:
- MaineStreet and your “Student Center”
- Your University e-mail account
- The University’s computerized library system
- How to request a library card
- What to do with BlackBoard
- How online and ITV classes work
- What college professors expect
- How to be prepared for the first few weeks of class