UMA Rumford Center offers a new student orientation prior to the start of fall and spring semesters. All new and transfer students are encouraged to attend these new student orientations.Register Here »
At orientation, you can:
- Learn about UMA’s student resources, policies, and procedures
- Meet other students and staff
- Learn strategies to ensure your first semester is successful
- Learn how to access your student email, Mainestreet account, and course in Blackboard
- Ask questions and express any concerns
- Receive a welcome gift from your Student Association
If you are unable to attend one of these orientation sessions, you are encouraged to call us at 207.364.7882 to schedule an individual orientation session prior to the start of classes.
New students, are you activated?
If not, please immediately activate your UMS account and create a password. Here’s the quick guide to walk you through the process. Need assistance? Call 1.800.696.4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bring your UMS account/password with you to orientation.
Blackboard Essentials for Students
Now with a 5 minute QUICK START – Students enroll here.
New student orientation is held each semester, during the week before the beginning of classes. Orientation is a great chance to ask questions, meet other new students and center staff members.
At Orientation you will learn about:
- MaineStreet and your “Student Center”
- Your University e-mail account
- The University’s computerized library system
- How to request a library card
- What to do with BlackBoard
- How online and ITV classes work
- What college professors expect
- How to be prepared for the first few weeks of class