We know the spring semester was challenging…balancing your college studies with family, work and other responsibilities, as everyone continued to deal stay safe as the pandemic. And, sometimes that can result in a low or failing grade in a UMA course.
In recognition of those challenges, UMA wants to give you another chance to be successful, by offering the “Make the Grade” program.
A chance to repeat a class…on us!
If you had a low or failing grade in the Spring 2021 semester at UMA, take advantage of the “Make the Grade” program to demonstrate your ability to be academically successful and improve your GPA.
Here’s how it works:
UMA degree seeking students who enrolled in the spring of 2021 have the opportunity to retake ONE class (four credits or less) at no tuition cost. UMA will cover the tuition (not including fees) for a repeat in Summer 2021 or the Fall 2021 semester. Only courses in which a grade of D+ or lower (including LP), L, and W are valid for this opportunity.*
Complete the brief application form below to request consideration for the Fall 2021 “Make the Grade” program. You will be notified by Enrollment Services staff if your free-repeat course has been approved.
The Fine Print
- You must have been enrolled in the Spring 2021 semester and be registered for at least six credits in the Summer or Fall 2021 semester.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time (six credits) as a degree student, in good academic standing, or on academic probation, and academically and financially eligible to enroll in Summer or Fall 2021 semester.
- Your Spring 2021 semester GPA must be greater than 0.00.
- You must commit to working with Advising and Financial Aid to increase your likelihood of improving your grade.
- The course to be repeated:
- must be offered in the Summer or Fall 2021 semester by UMA,
- must have available space (or faculty willing to extend their caps), and
- the course might be offered in a different instruction mode than the instruction mode of the spring class.
- This must be the first attempted repeat of the course.
- Deadline extended to Friday, June 4, 2021.
The “Make the Grade” grant will be credited to the student’s Summer or Fall 2021 account and will be added only after other grant aid resources (Pell, Pine Tree State Pledge, other waivers) have been applied.
*Students who wish to repeat a course with an earned grade higher than a D+ must appeal to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing. Appeals will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION »