The UMA Sophomore Institute is an opportunity for students with 30+ credits* to engage with other students, advisors, and faculty to create a personalized plan for getting the most out of their college experience in relation to their career and life goals.
A central feature of the Sophomore Institute is its small group discussions which typically include 6 – 7 students facilitated by a faculty member. These small groups allow for rich discussions so that you can make this time personally meaningful. Students will participate in two virtual sessions via zoom followed by a day-long in-person conference this Spring in Augusta.
Accepted students are able to:
- Participate in two modules via Zoom
- Complete career research/professional development activities.
- Develop an education and career plan.
- Access a broad range of career development resources.
- Develop strategies for developing your personal and career goals
- Identify bold action steps that take you along that career path
- Participate in an in-person Summit at the Augusta campus on April 8, 2022.
Sophomore Institute Dates:
Thursdays, 10 am – 12 pm: 9/29, 10/13, 10/27, 11/10
Wednesdays, 4:30-6:30 pm: 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 3/29
*If you do not have 30 credits, but would still like to participate, please complete the registration form and we will be in touch.
REGISTER TODAY! »
Space is limited to 30 participants and registration is required. There are a limited number of student spaces. Registration will be open until filled.
Contact your Student Services Coordinator.
FMI please contact Shelley Taylor at email@example.com or 442-7736.
The Sophomore Institute is beneficial in so many ways, it helps you prepare to reflect upon yourself and the direction you see your future. The Sophomore Institute looks beyond your college years, gives you great tools to work with such as “WOWI” or the “Big Interview” and many more. The support you receive is AMAZING!
—Tanya H., past participant