What We Do.
- Converse with you about your writing ideas, projects, goals, and challenges.
- Provide guidance throughout your writing process, whether you’re just beginning to plan or you’re putting in the final touches.
- Teach you proofreading and editing strategies, paying special attention to patterns of non-standard usage.
- Ask sincere critical thinking questions to help you clarify content and rhetorical choices.
- Collaboratively map out plans for writing project completion.
What We Don’t Do.
- Grade your papers, or predict your grade. We do, of course, help you think about how you might best meet assignment guidelines.
- Copy edit papers line by line. Instead, we love to work with you on proofreading strategies and provide guidance as you copy edit your own draft.
What We Love Most.
- Helping writers. We look forward to working with you soon!
Email consultation instructions:
- First, fill out this form.
- Then, send your writing project draft to email@example.com.
- You’ll receive feedback on your work within 2 business days.
Google Hangouts are available to discuss your writing projects with a tutor in a synchronous online format. Call us to schedule a session.
Faculty interested in finding out how the Writing Center can support student writing in their courses or programs should contact Elizabeth Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org