Upload Your Booster Status
Face Coverings Requirements within UMA Facilities
Please note that UMS face covering requirements have been updated as of June 24, 2022. In general, face coverings are optional and welcomed across the University of Maine System. Face coverings continue to be required in all classrooms, research spaces, and instructional areas, unless waived by the instructor.
For complete details, please visit the Together for Maine website.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Student Vaccination Information and Requirements
As required by University of Maine System policy, any student participating in any on-campus experience for the 2022 Fall semester must be ‘up to date’ in their vaccination against COVID-19 or seek an exemption, if they have not already done so.
Students may upload their vaccination and booster status via the PointNClick portal. Information on the PointNClick Portal process is available here. Vaccination clinics may be located on the Maine CDC Vaccination Sites.
The UMS policy does provide exemptions to the vaccination requirement for:
- Documented medical contraindication: a written statement from a licensed physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant that, in the provider’s professional judgment, immunization may be medically inadvisable.
- Sincerely held religious belief: a signed statement from the student, or guardian if the student is a minor, that the student’s sincerely held religious beliefs are contrary to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- Remote learning only: a signed statement from the student, or guardian if the student is a minor, that the student will only enroll in remote learning courses that involve no participation in an on-campus experience at any University location. Because not all courses are available in an online modality, students who choose this option understand, agree and accept that this may limit their educational options and that, depending on degree program or course of study, it may not be possible to complete a course of study through remote learning only.
Students seeking an exemption for any of the three reasons stated above must complete the appropriate exemption form available on the PointNClick portal.
Employee Vaccination Information and Requirements
The University continues to encourage all employees (who have not already done so) – including student employees, remote employees, part-time employees, and full-time employees – to become vaccinated, to stay ‘up to date’ with shots, and to upload that information via the University of Maine System COVID-19 portal. Information on the PointNClick Portal process is available here. Vaccination clinics may be located on the Maine CDC Vaccination Sites.
Students need to be prepared independently to know and to follow public health guidance as it applies to their own situation; to alert their own close contacts in the event the University cannot or does not do so; and, to have a plan ready in advance to quarantine or isolate in non-university locations, as many already do, if the University is unable to accommodate their need.
Employee Exemptions to Vaccination Protocols
To be exempt from the vaccination requirements employees must:
- Request an exemption through the University of Maine System COVID-19 portal.
- Exemptions currently are available for medical contraindications, a sincerely-held religious belief, outdoor work and fully remote work.
Health Insurance – Level 2 Credit
Those employees and spouses/domestic partners covered under UMS medical insurance are eligible for Level 2 credit with self-reporting of vaccination through the myCigna.com website. Important: Entering information for satisfying Level 2 incentive does NOT meet the requirement to enter vaccination information into the UMS COVID-19 Portal.
This guidance and all University guidance on COVID-19 is subject to change in accordance with the evolving circumstances of COVID-19.