The Office of Student Life is committed to providing inclusive, wide-reaching activities and programs both online through Zoom and in-person.
This page provides opportunities to connect with your classmates on a wide range of topics. Through our online programming in 2020 and 2021, we also recorded a number of events for later viewing.
We are always open to suggestions from students on programming. Email us anytime at UMAStudentLife@maine.edu.
Upcoming Activities & Events
- Spring Carnival: The Augusta Student Government Association is organizing a carnival on Saturday, May 7th from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM on the Augusta campus Quad which is open to all UMA students, employees, family, and friends. They will be food trucks, live music, obstacle course inflatables, ice cream/pops, giveaways, and more! The event will be happening rain or shine so come join us. FMI: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Self-Care Series: The Office of Student Life will be hosting a Self-Care Series over the course of February, March, and April in order to promote wellness among our students in times of stress and uncertainty. Join us monthly for professionally-led Zoom lessons on the topic of:
- February: Hair and Nails
- March: Face
- April: Body
Supplies will be provided! Be sure to keep an eye on the Student Scoop newsletter in your email and the UMA calendar for more information and links to the sign-up forms.
- Moose Book Club: The Office of Student Life is excited to announce the book picks for the Moose Book Club that meets monthly via Zoom this semester:
- February (Black History Month): “The Fire Next Time” by James Baldwin – Meeting on Feb. 16th at 12:00 PM
- March (Women’s History Month): “No One is Too Small to Make a Difference” by Greta Thunberg
- April: “An Elderly Lady is up to No Good” by Helene Tursten
- Weekly Kahoot! Trivia: Keep an eye on the weekly Student Scoop e-newsletter and our social media to play the weekly Kahoot! and enter in a raffle for a variety of prizes during the semester.
- Feeding the Soul, One Bowl at a Time: With funding from a grant, the Office of Student Life will be FREE bowl of soup to anyone on the Augusta campus on the 2nd Wednesday of every month as part of our efforts to combat hunger.
- Cooking Lessons for College Students: As part of the cooking class/lesson series for UMA students, Riley Gray creates instructional videos on how to make different recipes. Check them out here.
- Washington, D.C. Trip: The Office of Student Life is offering a five day trip to Washington, D.C. from May 9-13th! The cost of the trip is $375.00 and covers round-trip transportation to/from DC via coach bus, hotel accommodations (including a continental breakfast) and Night Trolley Tour (optional). FMI or to register: Contact Rose Pelletier or Alissa Gervais
- Cultural Celebration Day
- A Conversation with Author Abdi Nor Iftin: Moose Book Club
- The Reality of the LGBTQ+ Community
- Financial Literacy Series: Loan Basics & Identity Theft
- Financial Literacy Series: Establishing Credit
- Financial Literacy Series: Budgeting & Saving
- Student Support & Development Presents: Mindfulness & Meditation
- Music Industry Talks: Ray Suhy, The Creative Craftsman
- Non-Gendered Makeup Seminar with Christina Hazouri
- The Reality of Racism II: Restoring Black History
- Music Industry Talks: Earl Maneein (Composer/Violinist)
- Paint Night with Lori Miller
- From Impossible to I’m Possible: Suicide Prevention CPR with Josh Rivedal
- Comedy Night with Mary Santora
- The Civil Discourse Forums: Talking About Things You Care About With People You Care About with Dr. Valerie Rubinsky
- Art Night with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Creator Steve Lavigne
- The Civil Discourse Forums: Bridging the Partisan Divide with Dr. James Cook
- Spooky Face Painting with Makeup FX Artist Christina Hazouri
- The Importance of Voting with President Wyke
- The Reality of Racism Panel Discussion with Dion McGill and Marq Withers