The Office of Student Life is committed to providing inclusive, wide-reaching activities and programs both online through Zoom and in-person.
This page provides opportunities to connect with your classmates on a wide range of topics. Through our online programming, we also recorded a number of events for later viewing.
We are always open to suggestions from students on programming. Email us anytime at UMAStudentLife@maine.edu.
Upcoming Activities & Events
- You’ve Been Challenged: UMA’s Annual GBV Challenge: In recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, students are challenged to complete Gender-based Violence workshops during the month of October. Students receive Amazon “bucks” and entries into a Grand Prize Raffle for every video/assessment they complete! (1 workshop = $10 Amazon/10 entries; 2 workshops = $20 Amazon/20 entries; 3 workshops = $30 Amazon/30 entries; All 4 workshops = $50 Amazon/50 entries)
- Québec City Trip: Join us for a fun and exciting trip to Québec City, Canada during the Fall break, October 8th – 11th! The student cost is $125 which includes round-trip transportation on our UMA Moose buses, accommodations in a 4-person hostel room with shared bathroom, and one group meal. Limited spots available. For more information or to sign up, stop by the Office of Student Life, RSC 126 or call (207) 621-3374.
- Weekly Kahoot! Trivia: Keep an eye on the weekly Student Scoop e-newsletter and our social media pages to play the weekly Kahoot! and enter in a raffle for a variety of prizes that includes anything from board games and hammocks to iPads and Amazon gift cards!
- Feeding the Soul, One Bowl at a Time: In line with our commitment to combat food insecurity in the UMA community, the Office of Student Life will continue to offer FREE bowl of soup to anyone on the Augusta campus on the 2nd Wednesday of every month in the Randall Student Center Foyer.
- Cooking Lessons for College Students: Each week, a cooking lesson for students will premiere on the UMA Cooking Lessons for College Students YouTube Channel. Check them out here.
- Cultural Celebration Day
- A Conversation with Author Abdi Nor Iftin: Moose Book Club
- The Reality of the LGBTQ+ Community
- Financial Literacy Series: Loan Basics & Identity Theft
- Financial Literacy Series: Establishing Credit
- Financial Literacy Series: Budgeting & Saving
- Student Support & Development Presents: Mindfulness & Meditation
- Music Industry Talks: Ray Suhy, The Creative Craftsman
- Non-Gendered Makeup Seminar with Christina Hazouri
- The Reality of Racism II: Restoring Black History
- Music Industry Talks: Earl Maneein (Composer/Violinist)
- Paint Night with Lori Miller
- From Impossible to I’m Possible: Suicide Prevention CPR with Josh Rivedal
- Comedy Night with Mary Santora
- The Civil Discourse Forums: Talking About Things You Care About With People You Care About with Dr. Valerie Rubinsky
- Art Night with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Creator Steve Lavigne
- The Civil Discourse Forums: Bridging the Partisan Divide with Dr. James Cook
- Spooky Face Painting with Makeup FX Artist Christina Hazouri
- The Importance of Voting with President Wyke
- The Reality of Racism Panel Discussion with Dion McGill and Marq Withers