The Dental Hygiene program has been thinking about our patients and hopes that everyone is safe and healthy. Our world has been through a lot and many of us are ready to get back to our normal routines. As we welcome you back to our dental hygiene clinic, we want to reassure you that your safe treatment here is our number one priority.
We have great news to share—we are now open to schedule patients starting Tuesday, September 8th. Please call (207) 262-7872 today to schedule an appointment with one of our dental hygiene students.
We are following the most recent recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and have made many changes to keep our patients, staff, and students safe.
Some changes include:
- Medical and travel screening questions before and the day of the appointment.
- Removed hard-to-disinfect items in the waiting room.
- Patients are asked to come into the clinic alone. If necessary, one (1) caregiver or family member may come in with the patient.
- Patients will call or text the office from their vehicle once they arrive in the parking lot.
- To manage social distancing, we ask that you wait in your car instead of the waiting room.
- We will ask patients to come to the front door where we will greet and open the door for them.
- Patients will have their temperature taken at the front entrance.
- Patients will be asked to use the hand sanitizer that is provided to everyone entering the building.
- Our staff, including the front desk staff, will be wearing masks or face shields
- All patients who enter the building must wear a face covering at all times except when in the dental chair receiving treatment.
There may be other changes as we try to keep social distancing to six feet.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe when visiting our clinic. Please call our clinic at (207) 262-7872 or visit our website with the button below if you have any questions or would like to make an appointment.
Thank you for your understanding and for your support of the UMA Dental Hygiene Program. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!