The University of Maine at Augusta Cybersecurity program seeks students for the Department of Defense (DoD) Cyber Scholarship Program (CySP). This program is only eligible to universities designated as a National Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Education: Cyber Defense (CAE-CD). UMA’s Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity is the only 4-year program in Maine to be recognized.
- For students who are not DoD or Federal employees, and who are enrolled
at designated CAEs.
- Pursuing an associates, undergraduate and graduate degree in cyber disciplines.
- Full cost of tuition, books, and required fees.
- Full cost for health care & stipend to cover room & board (recruitment only).
- Potential travel for degree specific degree events.
- Receive support from CAE.
Students selected typically receive two years of financial support to complete degree. Students must reapply for each year of funding; funding returning students is first priority of program. Students will typically complete a funded internship with the Component in the summer between academic years.
- Service Obligation: Upon graduation, scholarship recipients commence their payback period with Component. Recruitment payback is one year for every year or partial year of scholarship.
- Application process: Students must be U.S. citizens, and must qualify for security clearance. Students must apply through the CAE they attend, students must be endorsed and nominated by the CAE they attend.
- Student Selection: DoD Agencies participate in a review panel and select students based on the mission needs and goals of their agency. Students are selected for the scholarship when a DoD Agency agrees to hire upon graduation.
- Highlights for recruitment: Student nominated by CAE. Student selected by DoD Agency. Student receives scholarship & job in the selection letter. Student will be hired by DoD Agency after graduation.
UMA STUDENTS THAT ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING MUST:
- Be a junior or senior, or a sophomore starting junior year Fall20, pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity degree OR a minor in cybersecurity.
- Must have at least a 2.0 GPA
To apply, please email UMAcyber@maine.edu to request a DoD CySP New Student Application Checklist. Materials must be returned to the Cyber Department no later than January 27, 2020 by 10:00 am EST to be considered. There will be a mandatory meeting scheduled on January 30, 2020 at 4:00 pm (EST). Students will know if their application will be endorsed and submitted.