There are several different kinds of reports the UMA community can make. Each of these reports are managed through separate processes and separate teams. To report a concern or violation, please use the report that best fits your incident’s description.

Report a Non-Academic / Student Conduct Concerns

Non-academic violations are behaviors that include, but are not limited to disorderly conduct, drugs, hazing, harassment, physical violence, or other violations of published university policies, regulations, or rules. To learn more about the expectations for student conduct, please see the Student Conduct Code. To report non-academic misconduct, please use our online reporting form.

Report an Academic Integrity Violation

Academic violations are behaviors that include, but are not limited to, cheating,  plagiarism or falsifying official records related to the University. General classroom misbehavior is considered a non-academic violation. To report classroom, campus, Center, or online misbehavior, please use the Report of a Non-Academic Violation form.

Report Relationship/Intimate Partner Violence or Sexual Misconduct

Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) includes dating violence, domestic violence, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, or stalking behaviors. The Office of the Dean of Students works to address all intimate partner violence concerns. UMA can assist survivors of IPV, even if the situation happened off campus or is historical in nature, through reasonable accommodations which address the current impact. To report IPV, use this reporting form.

All faculty, staff, student employees, and volunteers of UMA are reminded that they must report intimate partner violence upon disclosure by any campus community member. It is recommended to make this report with the affected person’s knowledge, if possible. The individual is not in any trouble, and is not obligated to respond to the supportive outreach material that will be sent from the TIX office. To learn more about this professional obligation, please click here and select the “Mandated Reporting” tab. FMI: UMA’s Title IX policies.

Notify of Pregnancy/Parenting Status or Request Adjustments Under Title IX

UMA’s students balance full lives. Pregnant students, those with a pregnancy related condition, and parenting students have special protections under Title IX of the Higher Education Act of 1972, though such students do not fall under UMA’s Mandated Reporting requirements for faculty, staff, student workers and volunteers. Notifying the Deputy TIX Coordinator of a pregnant or parenting student allows for outreach materials to the student, making them aware of their options and resources. Students are welcome to notify the Deputy Title IX Coordinator of their (or their partner’s) pregnancy, any pregnancy related condition, or unique parenting need. The Deputy can create a coordinated approach to short term accommodations, parental leave, and academic accommodations. Learn more about UMA’s commitment to pregnant and parenting students here.

Refer Student for CARE Assistance

Faculty, staff, students, and guests are encouraged to use the online referral form to report students that may benefit from proactive assistance from our CARE Team.  Students whose behavior are perceived as concerning, worrisome, or threatening should also be referred. The CARE Team is not a crisis or emergency response team, but provides a system for proactive intervention to students who are having significant personal difficulties or demonstrating behaviors of concern.  For a representative list of concerning behaviors, visit the UMA CARES page and select the “Representative List of Behaviors of Concern” tab.

Not sure if a behavior is a violation or how to categorize it? Contact UMA’s Associate Dean of Students at (207) 621-3226.