EdD, Transformative Leadership. University of New England, 2016.
CAGS, Literacy. University of New England, 2012.
CAGS, Advanced Educational Leadership. University of New England, 2010.
MSEd, Instruction. Saint Joseph’s College, 2007.
BA, English (summa cum laude). University of Maine at Machias, 2002.
Dr. Leigh Alley is a longtime leadership and instructional strategist, presently serving as the Executive Director of Maine ASCD and as a member of the part-time education faculty at the University of Maine at Augusta. As the director of consortia for school improvement, as a private consultant, and as a project director, Dr. Alley has designed and implemented instructional programs in a broad range of topics including, but not limited to, proficiency-based education, literacy, social-emotional learning, multi-tiered intervention, whole-child education, and equity in post-secondary access.
Selected Papers and Presentations
- “Public Education in Maine: A Street-Level View,” Institute for Humane Education (IHE) Learning Session, Portland, ME, June 2018
- “Connecting Rural College Access Programs,” National College Access Network (NCAN) Conference, San Diego, CA, September 2017
- “Ensuring Equity: The Whole Child Approach in Maine,” Elevating and Celebrating Effective Teaching and Teachers (ECET2) Convening, Waterville, ME, August 2017
- “Habits of Mind: Growing the Mindset to Move Maine Forward,” Maine College Access Network Conference, May 2017
- “The Whole Child Approach in Maine: Ensuring Maine Students are Healthy, Safe, Engaged, Supported, and Challenged,” Educate Maine Symposium, Portland, ME, December 2016
- “Transformational Change Through School-Based Pilot Studies,” National Council for Community and Education Partnerships (NCCEP) Conference, Washington, DC, July 2016
- “Take Your Team from Forming to Performing with a Minimum of Storming,” National Council for Community and Education Partnerships (NCCEP) Conference, San Francisco, CA, July 2015
- “Writing Across the Curriculum,” Maine Reading First Summer Literacy Institute, Orono, ME, August 2010
- “K-6 Collaborative Routines,” Maine Reading First Summer Literacy Institute, Orono, ME, August 2010
- “The Intersect of Literacy and College Readiness,” Great Maine Schools Summit, Machias, ME, September 2009