Dear UMA Community,
Everyone is to be commended for the extraordinary efforts undertaken to navigate the in-person portion of the fall 2020 semester. As we transition to the semester’s conclusion remotely, I wish everyone a successful completion of the semester.
The Safe Planning Committee provided recommendations for the continued safe operation of our campuses and centers at the conclusion of the fall semester. These recommendations will be implemented on December 23, 2020 continuing through January 10, 2021, as follows:
- UMA campuses and Centers will remain open to students, faculty, and staff, as well as those conducting business with the university; however, the general public will not be allowed on campus and buildings will be locked;
- Faculty and staff will utilize the card access system to gain entry to their offices;
- Supervisors will implement minimal staffing levels on campuses and at centers by establishing remote work schedules for employees, wherever possible. Supervisors will contact their employees with specific details
- Students will be encouraged to use phone, online (live chat), email, texts, and Zoom to access services whenever possible. In rare circumstances that students may need access to in-person services, they should call ahead to make an appointment; and
- Access to UMA’s Computer Labs will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at the following locations:
- Augusta Campus – The breezeway between Klahr Center and Katz Library
- Bangor Campus – Lewiston Hall, Rooms 123 and 13
- UMA Centers – By appointment, see Center website for contact information
Thank you for keeping each other safe throughout the semester and continuing to remain vigilant during this current surge of the pandemic. We must not let our guard down; wearing face coverings, maintaining physical distance, staying home when sick, and washing hands are still critical components to keeping our community safe.
Stay healthy and be safe.
Rebecca M. Wyke, Ed.D.