Dr. Shannon Gauvin, the Director of the UMA nursing program, was awarded the 2022 Agnes E Flaherty Leadership Award.
This award is targeted for: administrators, educators, public office holders or nominees, and health care providers in advanced practice roles.
Defining qualities include the ability to:
- Develop a work environment that fosters autonomy and creativity.
- Value and empower others. Affirm the uniqueness of each individual.
- Motivate others to work toward a common goal.
- Identify common values.
- Be committed to the profession and society.
- Think long-term and be visionary.
- Be politically astute.
- Think in terms of change and renewal.