Maine Public Health Association, AdCare Educational Institute of Maine, University of New England, and the Maine Osteopathic Association will host a screening of the Maine-based and award-winning documentary, Jacinta, on December 8, 2021 at 6:30 p.m., followed by a panel discussion featuring Jacinta Hunt and Director Jessica Earnshaw.
Jacinta is an intimate portrait of mothers and daughters and the effects of trauma. The documentary follows a young woman in and out of prison as she attempts to break free from an inherited cycle of addiction, incarceration, and crime
The panel will include:
- Jacinta Hunt
- Jessica Earnshaw, Film Director
- Nick Beverage, University of New England
- Courtney Allen, Maine Recovery Advocacy Project
- Malory Shaughnessy, Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services
- Merideth Norris, DO, Enso Recovery
Liz Blackwell-Moore, Cumberland County Public Health Manager, will moderate.
While attending UMA in 2018, Jacinta Hunt was recognized in 2018 as a Rising Scholar. Panelist Courtney Allen is a 2020 UMA graduate.
Jacinta Trailer | Official Trailer