UMA Ellsworth Center offers local access to the courses and programs of Maine’s seven public universities. Together, these institutions bring a variety of higher education opportunities to Hancock County. Students can choose from hundreds of courses each semester and from degree and certificate programs at the associate, baccalaureate, and graduate levels.
Each semester more than 500 students participate in the courses and programs of Maine’s public universities at the center. The center offers academic advising, tutoring, study skills workshops, computer access, library services, and other services to support beginning and advanced learners.
- UMA Ellsworth Center has served the Downeast area for more than 20 years.
- We provide local access to more than 30 full degree and certificate programs.
- We offer small class size, personalized services, tutoring in math and writing, Osher scholarships.
- Onsite, choose from university and community college courses offered each fall and spring semester, morning, afternoon and evening on-site.
- 500+ courses offered online, via ITV or videoconferencing.
- A close partnership with Downeast Senior College.
FROM THE EAST
From Washington County: Take Route 1 into Ellsworth; continue until you reach the set of lights at the intersection of High St. and Main St. Go through the set of lights to the Mill Mall, ½ mile on the left, directly across from Ellsworth Building Supply. Enter the Mill Mall parking lot. The Hancock County Higher Education is in the back of the mall, directly below the telecommunications tower.
FROM THE WEST
From Bucksport: Take Route 1 into Ellsworth. Go over the bridge into Ellsworth and go through the first set of lights. At the second set of lights take a left onto Oak Street. The Mill Mall is ½ mile on the left. Enter the Mill Mall parking lot. The Hancock County Higher Education Center is in the back of the mall, directly below the telecommunications tower.
FROM THE NORTH
From Bangor: Take the 395 exit off I-95 (to alternate Route 1A Ellsworth). Travel approximately 25 miles to Ellsworth. When entering the City of Ellsworth you will pass Ellsworth High School on the left. The Mill Mall is 200 ft. on the right, directly across from Ellsworth Building Supply. Take the right just before Dunkin Donuts, then turn left into the Mill Mall parking lot. Hancock County Higher Education Center is in the back of the mall, directly below the telecommunications tower.