UMA Rumford Center is one of eight UMA centers around Maine where people can take courses, pursue degrees, and receive all the support they need to earn a degree close to home and on schedules that fit into their family and work lives. Courses are taught by faculty on-site, online, via interactive television or two-way videoconferencing.
- UMA Rumford has served the western Maine mountains for more than 20 years.
- We also provide student support services to students in the Oxford Hills area.
- We have distance learning sites in Bethel and South Paris.
- We provide local access to more than 60 full degree and certificate programs.
- We offer small class size, personalized services, tutoring in math and writing, and Osher scholarships.
- 500+ courses offered online, via ITV or videoconferencing.
Monday: 7:30am – 7:00pm
Tuesday: 7:30am – 7:00pm
Wednesday: 7:30am – 7:00pm
Thursday 7:30am – 7:00pm
Friday: 7:30am – 4:30pm
Only currently registered UMS students can use the computer lab.
Students must make appointments, at least 24 hours in advance, to take proctored exams.
UMA Rumford Center
60 Lowell Street
Rumford, ME 04276
Contact us to learn more about becoming a UMA student or to answer any of your questions.
UMA Rumford Staff
James F. Bradley
Jim has been working in the University of Maine System for over 20 years, first as Staff Associate for Teacher Education and Student Success at USM-Lewiston/Auburn College, then as the Student Services Coordinator at UMA’s South Paris Center. He later … Read More
Angela is a native of Rumford and comes to us with 25 years of administrative assistant experience. She is also currently attending classes at UMA working towards her Associate’s Degree. As our Administrative Specialist, she primarily works in the afternoons … Read More
Christine M. Howard
Christine (Tina) Howard is a graduate of UMA. She has been employed as an Administrative Support Supervisor since 2007. She supervisors multiple Federal Work Study students and volunteers while working closely with the UMA Rumford Center Director and Student Services … Read More