- Social Media: We regularly update our social media pages with online activities, contests, trivia, wellness tips, daily home workouts, informational posts, and chances to win prizes and gift cards. Make sure to follow us on:
- Student Scoop: We send out a weekly e-newsletter every Monday to your @maine.edu email account that contains information about ongoing events and activities, contests, giveaways and other resources.
- UMA Calendar and Student Announcements: We regularly update the UMA Calendar with upcoming events and the Student Announcements with important student information on the UMA portal
Events & Activities
- Moose Book Club (June, July, August) – Sign up here
- Office Hours with the SGA (All Summer). Email the SGA Members directly to set a up Zoom meeting
- Talent Show (June) – Submit short videos of their talents, which will be compiled, posted to social media and voted on. Prizes available for winners. More information forthcoming.
- Cooking Show (July) – Details TBA
- Water Bottle Workout with Lori Googins – Every Tuesday at 4:30PM
- Paint Night with Lori Miller Part One and Part Two
- Yoga for Stress Reduction 1 and Yoga for Stress Reduction 2
- Victory Gardens: A Social Investment #EarthDay2020
- How to Make a Spring Wreath? #HandMadebyUMA
- ‘The Day the Crayons Quit’ Read-Aloud
- A Detailed List of Anti-Racism Resources – Books, Movie Recommendations, and More.
- Bystander Intervention Training to stop anti-Asian/American and xenophobic harassment – Different dates & times
- The Coronavirus Explained & What Should You Do
Learn something new
- Shift your perspective and broaden your horizons with Ted Talks
- Take a free Harvard course online
- Explore your creativity with Skill Share
- Take virtual tours and trips and try other fun educational activities with Virtual School Activities
Take virtual tours around the world
- Visit Museums (National Gallery of Art in Washington DC, The Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY, British Museum in London, National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in South Korea, and others)
- Take a stroll through National Parks!
- Enjoy the Disney Rides
- Get a sneak peak of Buckingham Palace
- Take a hike on the Great Wall of China!
- Have fun with this out of the world experience of Mars
Hang out with animals
- Watch wild animals with Africam
- Enjoy the Polar Bear camera at Alaska Zoo
- Observe lion, panda, elephant, and other animals through National Zoo webcams
- Be delighted by the antics of sea otters and jellies at Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Listen to online read-alouds especially with children
- Watch Netflix with friends online using Netflix Party
- Discover new stories for children and adults with free Audible books.
- Stream Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musicals here.
- Enjoy live streamed music
- Play cards online
* Please note that UMA does not assume responsibility for any of these activities. These resources are shared for entertainment purposes only!