Recognizing diversity is an essential element of academic excellence, the University of Maine at Augusta (UMA) is proud to offer Equity and Inclusion scholarships to students whose academic achievement and varied experiences will enhance and enrich the education of all UMA students and the educational mission of UMA.
About the Award
EI Scholars are provided up to four years of funding provided Scholars continuously enroll each fall and spring semester in either full or part-time study and maintain minimum GPA requirements for continuation funding.
- Awards for graduate full-time students will consist of $3,000 ($1,500/semester).
- Awards for graduate part-time students will consist of $1,500 ($750/semester).
- Awards for undergraduate full-time students will consist of $4,000 ($2,000/semester).
- Awards for undergraduate part-time students will consist of $2,000 ($1,000/semester).
This scholarship can be used to cover education related expenses including tuition and fees. Two graduate and five undergraduate EI scholarships will be available for awarding each year.
The 2022-2023 EI Scholarship will open February 14, 2022.
Scholar Eligibility Criteria
- Be admitted to UMA.
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and individuals who have been granted “Refugee” or “Asylee” status in the U.S.
- Have a record of academic merit in high school or community college.
- Complete the FAFSA each aid year of enrollment.
- Additional items, such as an essay, may be required. If there are additional requirements for this scholarship, the information will be posted on this webpage by the end of the fall semester.
Recipients must maintain continuous (fall/spring) enrollment, complete the FAFSA for each aid year, and must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate students and 3.0 for graduate students.
How to Apply:
Applicants will apply for the EI Scholarship via the UMA general scholarship application that becomes available each February. The 2022-2023 scholarship application will open February 14, 2022.
EI Scholar Selection
Scholar selections will be made by the UMA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council during the month of April utilizing the EI Scholarship Rubric. Scholars will be notified of their selection no later than May 15th.
EI Scholar Program
EI scholars are encouraged to contribute to the UMA community and are invited to participate in the UMA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council activities.