Tuition Guarantee for Qualified Maine Students
Want to learn more about the Pine Tree State Pledge?
Contact UMA Admissions at 1.877.862.1234 orRequest Info
The University of Maine at Augusta is committed to providing affordable access to a university education, and help students manage the growing costs of a college education. To help ease the financial burden UMA offers The Pine Tree State Pledge.
Through this tuition guarantee program, qualified and eligible entering in-state, full-time first-year students will not pay any out-of-pocket expenses for tuition (regular UMA tuition and differential tuition) and mandatory fees. This program is also available to new in-state full-time and part-time transfer students who have earned at least 30 transferable credits, and are new to the University of Maine System.
Who is eligible to participate in the Pine Tree State Pledge?
Are you a non-Pell eligible student?
Check out the
UMA $10K scholarship program!
- New in-state full-time and part-time transfer students who have earned at least 30 transferable credits, and are not currently enrolled at a University of Maine System institution.
- New in-state, first-time full-time students.
- Must meet in-state residency requirements and be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen to receive Federal financial aid.
- Must be deemed eligible to receive Federal Pell grants as part of the financial aid package for the academic year.
- Must have met all entrance requirements and be regularly admitted to an associates degree or bachelor’s degree program.
- Must maintain minimum credit hour enrollment to remain qualified:
- First-Year Students – 30 credits per aid year for a total of four years in a row, and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 at the end of each aid year.
- Transfer Students Full-Time – 30 credits per aid year for a total of three years in a row, and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 at the end of each aid year.
- Transfer Students Part-Time – 15 credits per aid year for a total of six years in a row, and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 at the end of each aid year.
How can I learn more about the Pine Tree State Pledge?
Contact UMA Admissions at 1-877-862-1234.
How much will I receive in tuition assistance?
The actual dollar amount will be determined after the application of all other grant aid received, including Pell Grant, Maine State Grant, University Grants and Scholarships, and any outside scholarships received that are dedicated to tuition costs. The amount can vary each of the four years, based on annual changes in the FAFSA eligibility criteria and availability of other grant aid assistance.
Will I need to borrow loans to attend UMA?
Students may use other grant funds and/or student loans to cover non-tuition expenses including textbooks/supplies, commuting, housing, and meals.
*Funding for this program is limited, but award distribution will continue so long as it is available.