The following are general eligibility requirements to be eligible for financial aid:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Be admitted to a UMA degree or eligible certificate program;
- Enroll for at least six credit hours each semester (Some students may be eligible for Federal Pell Grants while enrolled for less than six credits);
- Show financial need (for most programs);
- Make satisfactory academic progress;
- Be registered with Selective Service, if required; and,
- Not be in default on repayment of a student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant
For detailed information regarding eligibility, refer to The Student Guide.
NOTE: Students that have previously earned a prior baccalaureate degree or its equivalent are eligible for Federal Stafford Loans only for their UMA degree.