The professional UMA Career Connections staff is here to assist you with any issues relating to your career development!
Individual appointments with a career counselor are available to assist you in navigating your career path, ranging from choosing a major of study and defining your career goals to preparing for the job search (finding listings, resume/cover letter writing, interviews, and more). You can make an appointment by clicking on this link. Counselors are available in person, over the phone, e-mail, or through Skype/Google Hangout. UMA Centers also provide career exploration services; click here to visit a UMA Center near you.
We offer two assessments that can assist with career planning:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Other available assessments include:
UMA CareerLink is UMA’s online job/internship database, and career exploration system.
Here is what is available to you in the system:
- Apply online to hundreds of jobs and internships.
- Use the Resume Builder to get started on resumes and cover letters.
- Have a Career Connections Staff Member review your resume and cover letter electronically
- Take the Career Finder assessment to integrate your interests into a potential career
- Gather career information to make informed decisions about future career plans
- And much more!
Alumni: Please click on this link to visit the login/registration page. This is also the link you will need to log into your account in the future.
- Career Development Process
- O*NET Online
- What Can I Do With A Major In…?
- Learn How To Become.Org
- Princeton Review – Find A Career
- MyHealthCareer.Org- Health Careers Exploration
Occupational Trends/Employer & Salary Information
New Ventures Maine
New Ventures Maine provides free services in the areas of: career planning, starting a business, money management, and leadership. For more information, visit their website.
Maine Career Centers
Maine Career Centers provide employment information and services to Maine residents. For more information, visit their website.