Applications for Stevens Commons Housing are currently being accepted for the 2020-21 academic year.
To apply for UMA Housing, please complete the online form in its entirety to be considered for UMA Housing at Stevens Commons. For the 2020-21 Academic Year (AY), all residents will be living in Stevens Commons. Students are responsible for knowing all of the rules and regulations found in the UMA Housing Agreement, which will be sent to students who receive offers of housing.
This online form is an application for space and does not guarantee assignment. If selected for housing, UMA will consider your rooming preferences as much as possible, but reserves the right to assign students as space permits. UMA offers gender-inclusive housing.
If you have a disability and wish to request accommodations/modifications, the Center of Student Support & Development will have a request form available after the lottery.
Eligibility Requirements for Stevens Commons Housing
Basic Requirements that must be met to move in to and reside during the transitions into a new semester:
- Matriculated (Enrolled) student in an UMA academic degree program.
- Enrollment: Full-time student (defined as taking a minimum of 12 academic credits per semester in both the fall and spring semesters, and a minimum of 3 academic credits in each summer term of residence) in any academic program and making satisfactory progress toward a degree. Students carrying less than 12 credits per semester or less than 3 credits during a summer term may appeal to live in UMA Stevens Commons Housing.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements: Students are expected to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. Students who fall below the 2.0 cumulative GPA may appeal to live in UMA Housing at Stevens Commons. This appeal must be in writing and needs to contain a plan for future academic success.
- No holds: Students are responsible to ensure there are no academic, financial or heath requirement holds on their accounts to reside in UMA Housing at Stevens Commons. In the case of a financial hold, students must work with Student Financial Services to complete payment or make an appropriate payment plan.
Fall Term Ranked Variables above the Basic Requirements:
- Incoming matriculating Fall 2020 students.
All students who meet basic requirements AND are incoming matriculating students will be included in the first round(s) of lottery.
- Prior residents (starting in the 2nd Year of UMA Housing at Stevens Commons).
All students who meet basic requirements AND are prior residents will be added to the lottery after June 1.
- Continuing students.
All students who meet basic requirements will be added to the lottery after July 1.
Separate lotteries will be held for each space during each regular lottery drawing. Students may enter all general & community lotteries that they are eligible to enter. Community suites for AY 2020-21 include:
- French Tutors
In the case of vacancies that occur during the Fall 2020 Semester, preference will be given to
- Wait-listed incoming Fall 2020 semester students
- Wait-listed continuing students
In the case of vacancies that occur during the Spring 2021 Semester, preference will be given to
- Prior Fall residents in good academic and financial standing
- Prior Fall wait-listed incoming matriculated students
- Spring incoming matriculated students
- Prior Fall wait listed continuing students
You must be logged in to your “@maine.edu” account to access this application.