The 2024-2025 Housing application will open March 1st.
To apply for UMA Housing, please complete the online housing application in its entirety to be considered for UMA Housing at Stevens Commons. Students are responsible for knowing all of the policies and procedures found in the UMA Housing Agreement, which is part of the online housing application.
This online application is to be considered for housing and does not guarantee assignment. UMA offers gender-inclusive housing.
If you have a disability and wish to request accommodations/modifications, please contact UMA Housing as soon as possible.
You must be logged in to your “@maine.edu” account to access this application.
Eligibility Requirements for Stevens Commons Housing
Basic Requirements that must be met to move in to and reside during the transitions into a new semester:
- Matriculated (Enrolled) undergraduate student in an UMA academic degree program.
- Enrollment: Full-time student (defined as taking a minimum of 12 academic credits per semester in both the fall and spring semesters, and a minimum of 3 academic credits in each summer term of residence) in any academic program and making satisfactory progress toward a degree. Students carrying less than 12 credits per semester or less than 3 credits during a summer term may appeal to live in UMA Stevens Commons Housing.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements: Students are expected to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. Students who fall below the 2.0 cumulative GPA may appeal to live in UMA Housing at Stevens Commons. This appeal must be in writing and needs to contain a plan for future academic success.
- No holds: Students are responsible to ensure there are no academic, financial or heath requirement holds on their accounts to reside in UMA Housing at Stevens Commons. In the case of a financial hold, students must work with Student Financial Services to complete payment or make an appropriate payment plan.
We offer the following Community Suites, that you have the ability to request in your online housing application.
- French Tutors
In the case of vacancies that occur during the fall semester, preference will be given to
- Wait-listed incoming fall semester students
- Wait-listed continuing students
In the case of vacancies that occur during the spring semester, preference will be given to
- Prior Fall residents in good academic and financial standing
- Prior Fall wait-listed incoming matriculated students
- Spring incoming matriculated students
- Prior Fall wait listed continuing students