The UMA Writing Center supports writers and fosters a culture of writing at UMA, both in person and online.
Who we are:
- Undergraduate students majoring in English, Liberal Studies, and Social Science.
What we do:
- Converse with you about your writing ideas, projects, goals, and challenges.
- Provide guidance throughout your writing process, whether you’re just beginning to plan or you’re putting in the final touches.
- Ask sincere critical thinking questions to help you clarify content and rhetorical choices.
- Collaboratively map out plans for writing project completion.
What we don’t do:
- Grade your papers, or predict your grade. We do, of course, help you think about how you might best meet assignment guidelines.
- Copy edit papers line by line. Instead, we love to work with you on proofreading strategies and provide guidance as you copy edit your own draft.
What we love most:
- Helping writers. We look forward to working with you soon!
May 16 – August 20
Email consultations are helpful for writers seeking asynchronous feedback on drafts in progress.
Zoom consultations are helpful for writers interested in having a conversation ‘in real time’ about any writing project at any point in the process.
Both email and Zoom consultations can be requested through this form. Please allow up to two business days for our response.