The UMA Writing Center supports writers and fosters a culture of writing at UMA, both in person and online.
Katz Library 206
Fall Semester Hours
Sept. 7 – Dec. 9
Monday & Tuesday 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday & Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Who we are:
- Undergraduate students majoring in English, Liberal Studies, and Social Science.
What we do:
- Converse with you about your writing ideas, projects, goals, and challenges.
- Provide guidance throughout your writing process, whether you’re just beginning to plan or you’re putting in the final touches.
- Ask sincere critical thinking questions to help you clarify content and rhetorical choices.
- Collaboratively map out plans for writing project completion.
What we don’t do:
- Grade your papers, or predict your grade. We do, of course, help you think about how you might best meet assignment guidelines.
- Copy edit papers line by line. Instead, we love to work with you on proofreading strategies and provide guidance as you copy edit your own draft.
What we love most:
- Helping writers. We look forward to working with you soon!
Email consultation instructions:
- First, fill out this form.
- Then, send your writing project draft to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You’ll receive feedback on your work within 2 business days.
Zoom consultation instructions:
- Synchronous meetings via Zoom are available Monday through Friday. Email email@example.com your availability to arrange a time.
- If you’d like to discuss writing already drafted, share the draft with us a day before the scheduled meeting.
- Make Zoom conferences a regular part of your composing process! Student writers can reserve an hour of Zoom-based writing tutoring each week.