Congratulations on your new position, and welcome to the University of Maine at Augusta! You’ve picked a great place to work, and we want to provide you with as much information as possible for a successful launch.
Keep in mind that onboarding is a process that takes several months. Take your time to get to know the lay of the land, both within your immediate work environment and the university as a whole.
Take advantage of the many opportunities to network with fellow members of the UMA community; building relationships is key. Here are some of the first steps most University employees need to take to get started.
Before you start at UMA
- Get familiar with the campus locations in Augusta and Bangor, and with UMA Centers statewide.
- Become familiar with the official Recognized Holidays.
- Read about Important Policies and, if applicable, your Collective Bargaining Agreements for Represented Employees or Employee Handbooks for Non-Represented Employees.
- Learn about UMA’s Academic Programs.
During your first week of work at UMA
- Register for any campus or department-specific training as requested by your department such as:
- Review how to submit/approve electronic timesheets for payroll.
- Make sure that your workspace is set up – Do you have a facilities issue or question? Submit a facilities work order.
- Do you need a key for space access?
- Are you in need of IT resources?
- Stop by and register for use of the Fitness Facilities in Augusta and Bangor.
- Familiarize yourself with the internal resources on the My UMA portal.
Beyond the first week
- Explore other resources available to you as a staff member of the university such as your on campus libraries, campus dining options, the UMA Spirit Store, the University Credit Union, discounts, and campus community resources.
- Connect with the:
- Learn about Research Integrity and Outreach at UMA.
- Become familiar with Performance Management processes at UMA.