Early College Pathways to Maine Careers
Jump start your college education with purpose and direction using UMA’s Pathways & Certificate programs. Earn a valuable credential while still in high school and apply those credits directly into your degree program after you enroll at UMA.
|Fall||UAS210 Introduction to Unmanned Aircraft||4||
||Optional fee FAA Remote Pilot Certificate – $160|
|Spring||UAS110 Introduction to Aviation||3||
|Fall||AVI141 Private Pilot Ground School||4||
||Online content requires access 1 week prior to classes starting. (means last minute applications will be harder to accommodate)|
|Spring||AVI141 Continued & Special Topics Course (Simulator Flying)||3||
||Simulator time can be scheduled for the weekend in 2 sessions. Students will need to complete hours.|
*Coverage under DOE Aspirations waiver assumes the student has not already met their 12 credit cap for the year.
Certificate Requirements (20 credit hours):
- FRE 101 Introduction to French I ( 4)
- FRE 102 Introduction to French II (4)
- FRE 203 Intermediate French I ( 4)
- FRE 203 Intermediate French II (4)
- Complete 4 credits of the following literature, culture or language electives (4):
- ENG 340 Francophone Literature (3)
- HUM 350W Franco-Americans: Cultural Identity in Context (3)
- FRE 202 Intermediate French Immersion Travel course: Blueberry Cove by the Sea (3) Contact the instructor for availability and specific dates for travel.
- FRE 305 Language and Culture of the Francophone World I (4)
- FRE 394 Independent Study (possible apprenticeship in the Maine French Heritage Language Program or other course of study) (1-3)
UMA Certificate Requirements: Minimum 50% of the required courses taken through UMA, and minimum 2.00 G.P.A. in the Certificate.