The MLT Program of Maine was created as a collaborative effort between the University of Maine at Presque Isle and the University of Maine at Augusta in cooperation with hospitals across the state that serve as clinical affiliates.
There is a strong need for medical laboratory technicians as approximately 40% of the current laboratory workforce is within five to ten years of retirement. You will be prepared to ensure ongoing delivery of quality healthcare to communities across the State of Maine.
Related Majors and Certificates at UMA
- Associates in Medical Laboratory
- 2+2 Program
- BA in Biology + AS in MLT
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Various Specialties
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Laboratory Leadership Positions
- Information Technology
- Pathologist or Pathologist Assistant